St. Louis is home to many breweries that make more than just great beer. While I am not a beer expert or connoisseur, there are apparently many in the city judging by the increase in breweries and their obvious levels of success.
It has been estimated that 40 million dollars has been invested in local breweries recently and that estimate is expected to keep growing as the success of each brewery surfaces hopefully proving success rather than failure. Banks and even private equity firms are rushing into this business, what must be perceived to be, a cash cow. Is the investment providing the return that the brewery owners and investors are expecting? As usual only time will tell. It is obviously contributing to a lot of revitalization to certain areas. Let’s hope for the sake of beer connoisseurs, brewery owners and investors that everything works out well.
Below is a Google map & a list of local St. Louis breweries.
In alphabetical order they are:
- Anheuser Busch – while they are listed, we will not be publishing a review about them. They are worth visiting though. Needless-to-say, they are a significant part of St. Louis, MO.
- Alpha Brewing Company, 1409 Washington, Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- Augusta Brewing Company, 5521 Water Street, Augusta, MO
- Cathedral Square Brewery, 3914 Lindell Blvd, St. Louis, MO
- Exit 6 Brewery, 5055 Highway N, Suite 113, Cottleville, MO
- Ferguson Brewing Company, 418 South Florissant Rd, Ferguson, MO – added 4/29/2014
- Griesedieck Brothers Brewery, St. Louis, MO
- Kirkwood Station Brewery, 105 East Jefferson, Kirkwood, MO
- Latrobe Brewing Company, 1 Busch Pl, St. Louis, MO
- Modern Brewery, 5231 Manchester Avenue, #E, St. Louis, MO – NEW – NOT OPEN – UNDER CONSTRUCTION
- Morgan Street Brewing Company, 8047 Litzsinger Rd, St. Louis, MO
- O’Fallon Brewery, 26 West Industrial Drive, O’Fallon, MO
- Perennial Artisan Ales, 8125 Michigan Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- Side Project Brewing, 3922 French Court, St. Louis, MO
- Six Row Brewing, 3690 Forest Park Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- Square One Brewing & Distillery, 1727 Park Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- The Civil Life Brewing Company, 3714 Holt Avenue, St. Louis, MO
- The Schlafly Tap Room, 2100 Locust Street, St. Louis, MO
- Urban Chestnut Brewing Company, (USBC) 3229 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO – food menu is small, but what little they offer is good, ranging in price from $3 to $15. Their specialty is naturally beer, offering 6 year-round beers ranging in price from $4 to $6 per beer. Thank you Ben & Mikka.
- William K Busch Brewing Company, 8047 Litzsinger Rd, St. Louis, MO
- 4 Hand Brewing Company, 1220 South 8th Street, St. Louis, MO
There are a couple of shuttles that offers tours of local breweries that you will find enjoyable. They are (in alphabetical order):
- Brewery Tours of St. Louis – offers tours on Friday, Saturday & Sunday’s for $35.00 for each tour. Please visit their website for more information or call (314) 399-0221. Has a Facebook rating of 4.8 Stars with 1996 Likes (as of 4-22-2013).
- St. Louis Brewery Hop – they offer 4 hour tours on Saturday’s for $40.00 and 3 hour tours on Sunday for $30.00. Please visit their website for more information or call (314) 541-6985. Has a Facebook rating of 4.5 Stars with 696 Likes (as of 4-22-2013).
- St. Louis Beer Lovers Tour by SUV – $79.95 or $74.95 for their Internet ordering rate. Please call (888) 321-3632 for more information.
- Augusta Wine & Beer Tour from St. Louis by SUV – call (888) 321-3632
- Saturday St. Louis Wine Tasting Tour by SUV – call (888) 321-3632
- Cheesemaker Tour from St. Louis by SUV – call (888) 321-3632
NOTE: We will publish a review on each brewery over the next couple of months. Later this year we will issue a National Press Release announcing “St Louis Restaurant Review – St Louis’ Best Craft Brewery for 2014.” After issuing the Press Release we will update the information each month and then re-publish the article to keep you up to date.
Additional websites that you might find helpful:
- St Louis Restaurant Review
- Number 9 or 25 Things to do in St. Louis – “Taste the Tradition of St. Louis Breweries“
- Anheuser Busch Tours
- CBS – KMOX – Top Breweries in St. Louis
- Brewers Association
This blog will continue to change as we update it, so keep checking back. If you have information or opinions that will help please submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information is provided by St. Louis Restaurant Review. It is NOT paid advertisement.